- Online User Manual
- Camera Installation
- Safety Warnings
- Product Features
- Technical Specifications
- Web User Interface
- Software Update
- Video Streaming
- Reset Your Camera
- Lense Adjustment
- Warranty & Disposal
In total there are five different ways to save the Video Recordings of your camera:
- All of our HD IP Cameras have a SD-Card with a capacity of 4GB, 8GB or 16GB, depending on the camera model. here you can calculate how long it takes until the storage of the SD-Card is full. The oldest recordings on the camera will be overwritten by default (Ring Storage). Access your SD Card with our smart phone app InstarVision for Android, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Windows Phone and Windows 8/10.
- We offer a Cloud-solution to easily store recordings of your INSTAR Cameras. The INSTAR Cloud offers an easy-to-access interface and a good way to manage your recordings. If you are afraid that your camera and SD-Card could be destroyed, the INSTAR Cloud will give you the means to secure your recordings.
- You can use the InstarVision 2.0 Surveillance Center, a Windows PC Software made by us. With this Software it is not only possible to show the live video of all your cameras at the same time, you can also start recordings and save them on your computer.
- It is also possible to use the FTP (File Transfer Protocol) service to send your recordings to other devices, for example to an USB-Stick Connected To Your Router or a hard-drive in your network.
- If you want to make permanent recordings you can also use NAS Systems, e.g. Synology or QNAP. These have their own surveillance software and support all our camera models.
Addition: You can also activate the Email-Service, to receive snapshots by email after an alarm was triggered.
Use our free App InstarVision for Android, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Windows Phone and Windows 8/10 to access the live video of your IP Camera. Moreover, you can access your SD Card and check alarm recordings and use functions such as activating-/ deactivating the motion detection or use the camera and smart phone as an intercommunication system.
Except for our FullHD-models, all of our cameras have a so called cable-tree, which consists of all cable-connectors for the camera. This cable tree is 80cm long and relatively thick. If you don´t want to drill a big hole through your wall, you can remove those cables from your camera and then put the "thin end" through the wall. A video manual can be found here - IN-5905 HD and IN-5907 HD.
We strongly advice against cutting the cables, as you will not only lose the guarantee for your camera, you also risk damaging of your camera. A solution would be to use a weatherproof cable-box to store the cable-tree.
Whether a heater is necessary for your camera depends on the location you want to install it in. Our cameras can be used down to -5 Degree Celsius. If the temperatures get even lower, the camera might not be damaged. However, it is possible that the camera will turn off and cannot be accessed until normal operating temperatures are reached again. The installation of a heater would guarantee the permanent operation of the camera. You can find heaters for the camera models IN-7011 HD, IN-5907 HD, IN-5905 HD, IN-4010 v2, IN-4010/11, IN-2908 and IN-2904/5/7 in our shop.
All of our HD- and FullHD-Cameras (except the IN-9020 FHD) do not have optical zoom lenses, but do offer digital zoom. Due to their resolution our HD cameras still offer a better quality with their 3-times digital zoom than our VGA-cameras with their "lossless" optical zoom.
Our cameras do not have an internal Battery. Therefore, they must constantly be connected via power adapter. Our cameras do not have a SIM-Card-Slot. If you want to use the camera at a location without internet access, you can use a mobile LTE-Router. The camera can then be connected to the router and will have access to the internet.
The alarm video starts 3 seconds before the alarm event and ends 15 seconds after - in total the alarm video is 17-18s. If the movement continues after the recording, a new alarm event will be triggered and a new 15s video will be recorded.
Synology and QNAP have their own surveillance software and can use the live video of our cameras. All of our HD- and FullHD Cameras are compatible. For the implementation of our cameras into their surveillance station you can follow our Manual.