- Software Installation Wizard
Every INSTAR product comes with an installation CD. The CD contains an installation assistant that guides you through the installation of your new INSTAR product. The installation wizard can also be called directly by clicking on the link below and opening the CD online. The wizard contains all the information and current download links you need for the installation.
The software CD includes an HTML setup wizard that guides you through the required settings and displays the current download links for your INSTAR product.
Quick Installation Wizard: The wizard guides you through the most important steps to get your INSTAR product up and running.
Software Installation: You will find download links if your INSTAR product requires additional software. You are guided through all steps after you have completed the download and the installation.
Firmware Updates: INSTAR provides firmware and WebUI updates for its products at regular intervals. Below you will find the latest versions of the firmware and WebUI which you can upload to your INSTAR camera.
The flyer contains the most important information about your INSTAR camera.
You will always find here the latest version and all previous versions of the firmware for your INSTAR Camera. If you plan to update the WebUI, make sure that you have installed the latest version of the firmware. In most cases, the new features in the web interface (WebUI) also require the latest firmware. For information on how to update the firmware please look Here.
Important: Unzip the * .ZIP file after downloading. Please note that you must first install the latest firmware and then the WebUI.
- Support of custom SSL certificates for HTTPS connection with a custom DDNS address
- Simple 1-Click update method
- Offline update with traditional PKG file is optionally available
- Alarm recordings up to 60 seconds
- Initial network integration via direct WiFi connection - This feature is available for WiFi cameras during initial setup or after a factory reset. After the network integration, the camera’s hotspot will be permanently disabled.
- An issue with hidden WiFi SSIDs has been solved
- IR-CUT Filter settings available
- Weather Widget has been removed * 1
- Factory reset and WPS activation via SD card has been simplified * 2
- General bugfixes and layout changes
- 1 The weather service of Yahoo Weather has been discontinued in its previous form. This feature will be reintroduced to the cameras WebUI at a later point.
- 2 Reset and WPS via SD card can now be triggered by a file with the text file extension .txt - For a reset, simply create an empty file in the root folder of you sd card with the name “reset” or “reset.txt” - For WPS activation the file must be named “wps” or “wps.txt”
- General bugfixes and improvements
- Alarm areas can be configured in groups triggered by different alarm schedules
- Automatic deletion of recordings (time-controlled ring storage)
- Recordings on the SD card can be sorted in the WebUI by name, date and size
- Image preview in the SD viewer can be controlled with the arrow keys
- WebUI menu
- Night mode for the WebUI (can be activated in the WebUI menu or by the o key)
- Third query command for the alarm server function available
- In the logbook, the IP address can now be recorded with the login - Can be activated under User Management
- Fixed a bug in the RTSP stream which only occurred when the guest account was disabled
- updated HTTPS certificate
- WLAN transmission up to 150M
- The camera name serves as the alias / sender name of the emails
- Polish language support
- Graphical adjustments in the WebUI
- WPS & Reset can be activated via SD card (in the case of a missing reset button, you can create the file wps or reset in the root directory of the SD card and then insert it into the camera)
- Important security updates
- KRACK vulnerability in WPA2 encrypted Wi-Fi connections closed
- General bugfixes and improvements