VGA Camera Series
Setting up and activating the email alarm.
In order that the camera can sent you pictures by email you have to save your email providers data inside the camera. This can be done if you open the web interface of your IP camera and then click on Alarm in order to open the Email Menu.
On the right side you now have to fill in the following data:
- Sender: Please fill in your email address. This can be the same email address as the receiver.
- Receiver 1: Please fill in the email address that should receive the alarm message.
- SMTP Server: Here you have to fill in the SMTP Server from your email provider. Mostly you can find this data on the website of your email provider by searching for SMTP. Otherwise you find a list HERE.
- SMTP Port: Fill in the Port which your email provider is using. Normally this will be either Port 25, 465 or 587. Transport Layer Security Protocol: You only need this if you are using Gmail as your email provider. Please choose either TLS or STARTTLS depending on which one you are using.
- Need Authentication: For almost all email servers this has to be activated so that you can identify yourself with your username and password.
- SMTP User: Please fill in the username of your email account.
- SMTP Password: Please fill in the password of your email account.
- Report Internet IP by Mail: This function can normally be deactivated. If you activate this service, the camera will send you always the newest internet IP address. Every 24 hours your ISP changes your IP address so the camera will always sent you the newest one. Since the camera has an integrated DDNS address this function is normally not needed.
Now please save all settings by clicking Submit. After submitting the data to the camera we recommend you to click Test in order to see if the data you typed in was right.
After you have now saved all email settings in your camera you still have to activate the email alarm in order to receive an alarm email when a motion is detected. Therefor please click Alarm and choose Alarm in the sub menu. In the next window please set Motion Detect Armed and activate Send E-Mail on Alarm as show in the screenshot below. After that please choose Submit to save the settings.
If your camera detects a motion you will now be informed with an email and 6 pictures in the attachment.
Notes: Please note that the camera cannot detect whether it is a human motion or a motion caused by heavy rain or fast light changes. Depending how many false alarms you will receive you might change the sensibility a little. (1= insensitive and 10= very sensitive).