Add a timed motion detection: day mode
In the following example, we will write a profile that will trigger the Motion Detection Task and the Positions Task every morning at 6:00 am and accordingly at 6:30 pm. In this way, we pan the camera from your day to night position and adjust the motion detection to the new conditions. This is just one of many features that you can use with Tasker on the camera - both for HD and VGA cameras.
Add the profile (6am motion detection trigger)
We now want to trigger the MD Day Task, which we created earlier, every morning after sunrise.
- Go to the profile tab and click the + to add a time profile.
- Then select the time trigger for the profile.
- Set the From time to 6:00 and leave the rest unselected.
- Then go back and select the MD Day task from the list.
- Make sure that Tasker is active and the profile is enabled.
Add the profile (6:30 pm motion detection trigger)
We now want to trigger the MD Night Task we created earlier every evening after sunset.
- Click again + to create a second time profile.
- Now set the time when you expect the sunset.
- Then assign the task MD Night and confirm.
Add the profiles (start day & night position)
- First, we will rename the created profiles (hold for a longer time).
- We call the 6am profile MD Day (as well as the assigned task).
- And the 6:00 pm profile according to MD Night.
- Then click on the + to create a third Time profile.
- Select From 6:00 for the tag position.
- And assign the goTo1 (tag position) task.
- Now hold down the profile to rename it.
- Let us name the profile Pos Day.
- Then we press the + again to create our last time profile.
- Select 18:00 as the trigger for the night position.
- Assign the goTo2 task to the profile.
- And rename this profile to Pos Night.
Your Android smart phone now has control over your INSTAR HD IP camera. The selected camera will now go into the day position every morning and into the night position every night. The motion detection will be adjusted according to the different conditions.