In the following we will create a short cut on our home screen, with which we can turn off the IR LEDs of our INSTAR HD IP camera. By the same principle, you can address almost all camera functions - both for our HD cameras, as well as the VGA models.
Start Tasker and switch to the Task tab. Press the plus at the bottom right.
- Launch the Android app and press the + at the bottom.
- Name the task and confirm the entry.
- Press the + again to open the Action Category dialogue.
- Select the Net tile in the Category dialogue.
- Then select the HTTP GET action.
- Enter the HTTP Get command you want to send to the IP address of your camera.
Now we have to define the CGI command, which is sent to the camera every time the task is triggered. Enter the local IP of your camera as the server address - do not forget to attach the web port of your camera if it does not correspond to 80. If the address of your camera is e.g. 192.168.178.200 and you have changed the local port to 8081 (in the web interface of the camera under Network / IP configuration) and not the external port you may have passed in your router), you have 192.168.178.200:8081 as the server Specify address. After that, only the matching CGI command in the Path field is missing.
The CGI command to disable the IR LEDs on your INSTAR HD camera is:
Please change the username (usr) admin and password (pwd) instar according to your camera login.
- You can now press the play button on the bottom left to test the task.
- Now all we have to do is create a shortcut to trigger the task - select Task Shortcut.
- Select the task you just created from the list.
- Go back to confirm the task.
- The link is now ready for use.