If This Then That, also known as IFTTT is a free web-based service to create chains of simple conditional statements, called applets. Build your own applets to connect web services with your INSTAR IP Camera.
- First you need to create an account on IFTTT and login to your account. Then go to the Create and click on IF + This:
- We now want to set up the Date & Time service to send scheduled commands to our camera. Search for date and select the Date & Time:
- We want to automate a daily camera function, for this we have to choose Every day at as a trigger for our applet.
- For example we set the trigger to every day at 6am:
- Now we can add an action that is triggered by our schedule:
- We now want to add a webhook service - which is basically a service that contacts a web address when triggered. That address will be the INSTAR DDNS address of our INSTAR Full HD camera and carry a CGI Command to activate/deactivate functions on our camera. (Note that the camera has to be available via the internet for this to work - this means you will have to set up a port forwarding rule inside your router).
Search for web and select the Webhooks Service:
- We now need to add our cameras DDNS address, e.g.
https://prefix followed by the HTTPS Port (that has to be forwarded inside your router), e.g.
We now want that our camera moves to the Preset Position 1 when our applet is triggered. The CGI Command to do this is
/param.cgi?cmd=preset&-act=goto&-number=0 followed by your camera login
Save your settings and you are done.